Tap Water Safety – Do You Know What Chemicals Are Lurking In Your Family’s Tap Water?
Contaminants of major concern
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) collected data from state agencies and the EPA for drinking water tests conducted from 2010 to 2015 by 48,712 water utilities in 50 states. All told, the utilities, which had the opportunity to review the data for accuracy, tested for 500 different contaminants and found 267. Contaminants detected included:
- 93 linked to an increased risk of cancer. More than 40,000 systems had detections of known or likely carcinogens exceeding established federal or state health guidelines – levels that pose only negligible health risks, but are not legally enforceable.
- 78 associated with brain and nervous system damage.
- 63 connected to developmental harm to children or fetuses.
- 38 that may cause fertility problems.
- 45 linked to hormonal disruption.
In the summer of 2015, the scandal of extremely high levels of lead in the drinking water of Flint, Mich. – discovered only because a worried mother contacted the EPA after her children got sick – set off national alarm and led to revelations of lead contamination in communities and schools across the country.”
Unfortunately, this is only scratching the surface!
So what you think about Tap Water Safety? Don’t gamble with your family’s health, find out Your City’s Water Quality Now, and Defend Yourself with Chanson Products!